IN THE ICE STORM WARNING AREAS
* WHAT...Significant icing expected. Ice accumulations of one quarter to one half of an inch.
* WHERE...Henry, Gibson, Haywood, Crockett, Weakley, Obion, Lake, Dyer, Gibson, Lauderdale, Crockett, Gibson, Haywood, Tipton Shelby Counties.
* WHEN...From 6 AM Thursday to midnight CST Thursday night.
* IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
Travel is strongly discouraged. If you must travel, keep extra
blankets, food, water and a flashlight in your vehicle in case of
an emergency. Prepare for possible power outages.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
IN THE WINTER STORM WATCH AREAS
* WHAT...Significant icing possible. Total ice accumulations of up to one quarter inch possible with light amounts of sleet. * WHERE...Benton, Carroll, Decatur, Henderson, Madison, Chester, Fayette, and
* WHEN...From late Wednesday night through Thursday evening. * IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are possible due to the ice. Travel could be difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.