Confidence continues to increase that a major winter storm will impact West TN. As of this morning...he following is the preliminary scenario of what we think is going to be (THIS WILL CHANGE):
* Light rain will overspread the region by late morning.
* By Sat evening...rain will have changed to snow north of I-40...a rain/snow mix along the interstate.
* Overnight Saturday night...all of West TN should turn to snow.
* Moderate to heavy snow may be experienced along and north of I-40.
* Snowfall projections by 6 AM Sunday:
- Along the I-40 corridor: 2 in
- Near the KY-state-line: 3 to 4 in
- Just a dusting south of the interstate
* Snow (moderate to heavy at times north of I-40) will continue throughout the day Sunday.
* The snow will begin to diminish by sunset.
AS OF THIS MORNING...THE EXPECTED ACCUMULATION BY 6 PM SUNDAY:
-Along and north of I-40: 4-6 inches.
-South of the interstate: 1-3 inches.