...ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Significant accumulations of one quarter to one half
inch. Localized icing to three quarters inch.
* WHERE...Lake-Obion-Weakley-Henry-Dyer-Gibson-Carroll-Benton TN-
* WHEN...Until noon CST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the
ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Localized higher ice accumulations to
three-quarters of an inch will be possible in areas of heavy
freezing rain showers and/or thunderstorms, particularly over
east central Arkansas and northwest Mississippi late this
evening and overnight.
Travel is strongly discouraged. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. Prepare for possible power outages.